Sunday 20 March 2011

2nd Draft Magazine Cover



I have made the following changes to the first draft of my magazine cover:

1. Image - I wanted an image that reflected the action-thriller genre. I chose an explosion as a bomb is at the heart of the film. Given the events of the past week, I had to carefully choose my image so that it would not be offensive. I also was not keen on the old image as it didn't reflect what is happening in the film.

2. Star - I needed an image of the "star" but as Jonny is not recognised as a celebrity, I thought it would be interesting to mix him into the explosion. This also mean't I had to change the headline to reflect the "mysterious" nature of a brand new star. It is a more Unique Selling Point than the original poster image.

3. Tagline(s) - I wanted to link this in into the image. As it is difficult to see who the star is, the tagline should reflect this. The other taglines are generic film magazine taglines that are more interested in promoting films rather than challenging or criticising them.

Changes:

1. Change the title to a fictional one.
2. Change the colour of the taglines so they are more easily visible
3. Grammatical errors.

No comments:

Post a Comment