Sunday 30 January 2011

Thinking about where we are at the moment

Ok so its been a while since I last posted on the blog. Recently in our last few lessons we've been looking at other schools teaser trailers and it made me think about what we have done so far. I feel I have learnt a lot by looking at these clips as you can tell what the better ones have done to make them work. I feel our group felt that it would be hard to create a teaser trailer for an action film, though thinking about it now I feel it wouldnt be too hard. Although there aren't very many action film teasers we also don't have the massive effects production companies would be able to use in their trailers. The more we stick to the conventions the better our peice is likely to come out. So I figure we need to make it a lot shorter, just show the genre and not the plot and make it fast and pacey. We can make it pacey by using a beat throughout (possibly the bomb countdown bleeping). We can tease about the plot by showing a briefcase, a bomb countdown and large groups of people.

By doing this we are almost simplifying our peice, though it will involve re-planning and possibly re-storyboarding. However I will need to discuss these new ideas with my group thoroughly and I will also research into teaser trailers in more detail to find the exact conventions we will be wanting to follow.

PG

No comments:

Post a Comment