Friday 17 December 2010

Matthews personal challenge.

OK, so apparently teaser trailers, should only include very limited amount of footage and be 30 seconds-a minute(ish)  as we have already established. However it seems even the big production companies, seem to be changing the face of teasers or just labeling trailers wrong.. Universal pictures for one, ran a  advertising campaign on YouTube to advertise their latest film 'Fast Five' Now it clearly in the advert said TEASER TRAILER (I should of got a print screen, it was on the main banner on the youtube homepage, as well as on some independent video pages and searches, so ya know must of put a fair amount of money into it), as such does it on the video title! So I'm  like oh another teaser trailer for me to look into and research, but NOOO its full of footage, over 2 mins in length!- I have been taught that defines a TRAILER, not a teaser!

So yes this has led me, to try and keep the traditional meaning of a teaser trailer alive. So I've had an idea of creating an after effects masterpiece, where very little if any footage will actually be used. The idea I have at the moment, is focusing on the idea of the bomb, so like the teaser follows the parts of the bomb and like along each bit of the bomb is like something to do with the film..

E.g. Along the red wire could have a chase sequence, which runs into the next part of the bomb e,g. the clock.

So yes thats what I've been thinking, I hope it isn't just my brain being like, ohh lets come up with an idea to avoid revision!.. Hopefully that will still be done!

disgruntled customer MS

No comments:

Post a Comment