Thursday 4 November 2010

Motion picture logo - inital ideas

As we have already discovered that teasers often have motion picture logos within them, generally at the beginning. I thought it would be a good idea to come up with my own ideas, and draft them out, so that the others could get more of a vision of my ideas

So far I have created 2.

Patrick Greenberg Photography - For this one, I got inspiration from watching, Channel 4's "RudeTube" where when counting down, individual rectangle clips of video, fly in and make a 3D number out of them. So this gave me the idea and as Patrick is a good photographer and filmer! I had an idea of creating a camera out of photos hes taken, then for the camera to seem like its taking a photo to bring up text graphics.



Obviously I used black rectangles to replace the photos, for an initial idea. I think it gives the idea of what I want, but at the moment it looks rubbish and cheap, So perhaps making the flash better to bring up the text and maybe a better looking camera.


The other one I made was "Matthew Springett Effects"



I have a 'puppet tool' on after effects what can turn pictures into animations. So I thought I would try it out with a simple image, of just someone writing.. So I did. I need a better idea for this.

I have also had an idea, but not visually created the idea of a cherwell school one. For this idea I've had a vision of A swan, the cherwell schools logo. Drifting along the sea, dragging along 'Cherwell media' with it

When researching Motion picture logo's,  I discovered that when watching them alone that they were in and around the 20 second mark. However I have now realised, well realised that I was right the first time, that on teasers, motion picture logos are infact  around 3 seconds. So when coming up with the final ideas, I will have to take that into mind.

Oxford brookes accept me please. MS

No comments:

Post a Comment