Wednesday 27 October 2010

Motion picture Logo

^ ^ I think, I have finally discovered the name of the production titles at the start of teaser trailers. Although trying to find a definition of is harder than, finding the name. Motion Picture logo ( I hope) are the company's involved animated logos, at the beginning of the films/trailers and teasers. These are normally only a few seconds long ( roughly 10 secs at max), normally consisting with an image, name of the film and a music. These are important to the companies involved as it symbolizes the company and audiences can identify the company by it.

Some famous motion picture logos are Pixar, 20th century fox, Paramount pictures and Walt Disney.

I feel at the moment our idea isn't challenging my media skills. So Rather than just filming random shots and putting them together ( Even though Teaser trailers aren't meant to include much real footage, so our teaser idea is resembling that of a trailer at the moment) with titles. I Feel making a few of these titles will professionalize the look of the teaser and challenge my skills personally, as this is more my field of editing.

I think the best way to come up with a logo is to do a still image first, then animate it..

* Update after looking at some motion picture logos.. they are inface much longer than I thought.. more in the 20sec range. Amazed.

Gah MS

No comments:

Post a Comment